The Westchester Jewish Coalition for Immigration is asking for assistance with outreach to see that Afghans employed by the Federal Government are granted Special Immigrant Visas before we pull our troops out of Afghanistan on September 11th. As this NYT Opinion piece explains, “We have obligations to the thousands of Afghans who supported us, mainly as interpreters for our military. They were promised special immigrant visas to get them out of harm’s way, but many have yet to materialize. The Taliban view them as traitors: Since 2014, there have been at least 300 targeted killings of people who worked with us. Many more will die if the administration doesn’t take immediate steps to speed up the process to get them out safely.”
- Click here for a script to send an email, letter or make a call to President Biden and your representatives in Congress asking that they use their influence to help approve Special Immigrant Visas for Afghans who were employed by the U.S. Government by 9/11/21.
- President Biden: Email; Phone: 202-456-1111
- Sen. Schumer: Email; Phone: (202) 224-6542
- Sen. Gillibrand: Email; Phone: (202) 224-4451
- Rep. Bowman: Email; Phone: (202) 225-2464
- Rep. Jones: Email; Phone: (202) 225-6506
- Rep. Maloney: Email; Phone: 202-225-5441